Foodie Agenda: Pasture-Raised Eggs, Food Trucks in the FiDi (and more)
Today, Feb. 1
The next time you go to the Ferry Building Farmers Market for eggs, you'll see only the pasture-raised variety from hens let free to roam outside. CUESA says the change goes into effect this month and that pastured eggs have around 10 percent less fat, 40 percent more vitamin A, 34 percent less cholesterol, and up to 20 times more healthy omega-3 fatty acids than those from factory farms.
Thursday, Feb. 2
FiDi workers, listen up. Casey's Pizza, Kara's Cupcakes, Kasa Indian, Southern Sandwich Co., and Toasty Melts Grilled Cheese are parking in Levi's Plaza 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The food truck pod is temporary as of now, but we've got our fingers crossed for a regular showing.
Friday, Feb. 3
Got a teen who wants to be the next Thomas Keller? Friday's the last day to enter The Art Institute's Best Teen Chef Competition for high school seniors and The Art Institute's Culinary Scholarship Competition for high school graduates. The winners get scholarships ($4,000 for the Best Teen Chef winner and $1,000 for the second place winner in the high school senior category, and $1,500 for the first place winner of the high school graduate category). View the competition rules here.
- Foodie Agenda: Easter Brunch, Chocolate Eggs (and more)
- Foodie Agenda: Slow Crab Festival (and more)
- Foodie Agenda: Where to Brunch New Year's Day (and more)
- Foodie Agenda: Foreign Cinema's "Future Shorts" Festival, Maverick's April Fool's Dinner (and more)
- Foodie Agenda: Momofuku and Absinthe Bake Sale (and more)