Just Like Heaven? Beer and Artisan Cheese Pairing at Social Kitchen & Brewery Tonight
The Inner Sunset's Social Kitchen & Brewery has been catching our attention a lot lately. We highlighted them in our discussion of the cicerone (beer sommelier) trend, and then were extremely excited to hear that they're starting the weeks off right with German beer nights (Mondays are dedicated to Kolsch and Tuesdays to Dusseldorf).
And now they've really done it...with CHEESE. Tonight from 5:30-7 pm, they're hosting a beer-and-cheese pairing extravaganza (appropriately) called "La Fromagere & Der Braumeister." SFWeekly published the menu yesterday, which includes a roster of seriously drool-worthy fromages. Monteillet Fromagerie cheese maker and overall cheese jedi Jessica Sennet (formerly of Cowgirl Creamery) will join brewmaster Rich Higgins to serve up five cheeses with beer matches. The tasting is $20.
You can make a reservation by phone at (415) 681-0330 after 3 pm. We just called them up, and there are spaces left as of now. But if it happens to book up, don't worry, they promised more on the horizon.
Photo via Social Kitchen & Brewery's Facebook.
- Get Your German Beer On at Social Kitchen & Brewery
- FERMENT[cheese] Event at Berkeley Art Museum Explores Milk's Journey to Cheesehood
- It's Cheese Heaven at the CA Artisan Cheese Festival This Weekend
- Divorcing? Middle of Your Life? Just Say F- It and Make Cheese
- The Best Breweries, Excursions and Beer Pairings in Napa