Lowering the Bar: 5 Places to Drink for Cheap (or Free) This Week
Each week, we bring you our top picks for the best places to booze on the cheap in SF.
1. 7x7 Nightlife Party at Infusion Lounge: Our annual Nightlife Guide is almost here, and to celebrate, we're throwing a party at Infusion Lounge with plenty of luminaries from the local entertainment scene. $3 rum cocktails and $2 beers will be on offer, with complimentary tastings and bites. The food and drink deals end at 8 pm, with a DJ keeping the party going until 10. RSVP here. (Thursday, August 19th, 7-10 pm, at Infusion Lounge, 124 Ellis St., Union Square.)
2. Lookbook and Nasty Gal's IRL Party: Enjoy posting photos of your coolest duds on sites like Lookbook? Head to this party for the well-dressed at Space Gallery, where those sporting the best outfits will receive free drink tickets and a plethora of bragging rights. (Friday, August 20th, 8 pm-12 am, at Space Gallery, 1141 Polk St., Polk Gulch.)
3. Headbutt Happy Hour at Comstock Saloon: The swanky, Barbary Coast-themed Comstock Saloon likes Dutch butts (also known as "Headbutts"), and they cannot lie. The classic Nederlander pairing of a shot of genever and a pint of pilsner (Bols Genever and Trumer Pils, in this case) is yours for a mere $6. Put the savings towards the short-rib bone-marrow pot-pie that's so rich, even Sir Mix-a-Lot might let a Cosmo girl stop at one. (Monday-Saturday, 4-7 pm, at Comstock Saloon, 155 Columbus Ave., North Beach.)
4. Three for Three at Pica Pica Maize Kitchen: Been thinking about grabbing an arepa or maizewich at this new Latin spot? Consider dropping in during happy hour, when beer and wine are both $3, and a pitcher of passionfruit sangria is only $15. (Monday-Friday, 3-5 pm, at Pica Pica Maize Kitchen, 401 Valencia St., Mission.)
5. Double Happy Hour at B3: The Mission's new outpost for "bottles, burgers, and bites" has a happy hour so nice, they offer it twice. In both the early and wee hours, patrons can get $1 off any draft beer, order a carafe of sparkling white sangria for $12, or snag free fries with the purchase of any two burgers. (Daily, 5-6 pm and 10 pm-close, at B3, 1152 Valencia St., Mission.)