Melt The SF Summer Chill: A Whiskey Cocktail Recipe from Beretta's Ryan Fitzgerald
It's hard to overstate the popularity of Mission District watering hole and pizzeria Beretta. The place is perpetually packed. And while many talented hands that go into the making of Beretta's reputation as a go-to hot spot, perhaps one of the most charismatic is mixologist Ryan Fitzgerald.
Fitzgerald grew up in the restaurant industry of Southern California with unconventional parents and a distaste for the 9-to-5 job world. A move to San Francisco in 1998 saw Fitzgerald rise through the ranks of the city's bar scene, from a barback at Little Baobab to bartender at Foreign Cinema, Tres Agaves, and Bourbon & Branch before finally landing at Beretta.
A passion for mixology and a true desire to connect with his customers, Fitzgerald credits those he has had the pleasure of working and drinking with over the years. “I’ve learned nearly all I know from them,” he says.
Our friends at Liquor.com have the full story on this tastemaking cocktail shaker. They've also given us a whiskey cocktail recipe called the "Fogerty", contributed by Fitzgerald himself.
Contributed by Ryan Fitzgerald
* 2 oz Wild Turkey Rye Whiskey
* .5 oz Campari
* .25 oz Cassis
* 2 dashes Regans’ Orange Bitters No. 6
* Garnish: Orange peel
* Glass: Cocktail
Add all the ingredients to a mixing glass and fill with ice. Stir, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with orange peel.
- Spritz Cocktail Recipes from Liquor.com
- Coconut Water Cocktail Recipes for "Hydrated" Drinking
- Happy Cocktail Week! Signature Drink Recipes from Cantina, Elixir and Comstock Saloon
- Say Hello to Fall with Seasonal Apple Cocktail Recipes from Liquor.com
- Maple Syrup Cocktail Recipes from Thad Volger of Bar Agricole