The Mission Gets Its Own Farmers Market
The Mission is finally getting its own farmers market (and adding one more gold star to its foodie status) in the new Mission Community Market, set to debut this Thursday, July 22, from 4 pm to 8 pm on Bartlett and 22nd.
"Farms include Blue House Farm, Tomatero, Hidden Star, Twin Girls and others," says Jeremy Shaw, organizer of the Mission Community Market. "Prepared food vendors include Antojitos Salvadorenos, CMB Sweets, Sweet Constructions, all businesses that have served the Mission well and complement the local businesses in the vicinity."
Organizers stress that it's more than a farmer's market, but rather serves as a platform for emerging businesses and organizations in the Mission. Other bonuses are live music, mural painting and Capoeira. Just a few more reasons to hang out in the Mission.
- Fresh Produce Free-For-All Comes to Hayes Valley This Sunday
- Market Watch: Chef Annie Somerville Gets the Goods
- Market Watch: Get Your Pluots, Smoked Salt and Man the Torpedos
- Market Watch: Getting Excited For Asparagus Season
- Market Watch: What Winter Citrus Bushi Tei's Chef Michael Hung Gets from the Farmers Market