A Modern American Picnic and Basque Feast Are Around the Corner at SF Chefs!
Nothing says summer like getting together for a big picnic, devouring all those flavors we love: Corn, watermelon, fried chicken...the list goes on. Now imagine a picnic crafted by four top chefs, reinventing all the classics into modern, family-style dishes. Husband-and-wife team Jeff Banker and Lori Baker (chefs and owners of Baker & Banker) are getting together with Nick Balla and Cortney Burns of Bar Tartine to do just that! Celebrate the best of summer with one of the best picnics you’ll likely ever have – all paired with local craft beers.
Want to take a journey to Basque country? Chefs Jen Biesty of Scala’s Bistro and Alicia Jenish from Grand Cafe first became friends behind the burners of Bizou, where they often cooked dishes from Basque country. Join these two talented chefs for a family-style Basque feast featuring their own interpretation of the cuisine, paired with a delightful selection of Basque-style wines. Here’s a sneak peak at the menu:
- Brandade of salt cod with peach farm tomatoes, basil pistou, olive oil croutons
- Charred baby octopus, olives celery hearts, saffron, fresno chilies
- Marmitako local albacore tuna, wild fennel, squid ink aioli
- Roasted suckling pig, cranberry beans, wild greens, Romesco sauce
Click here for tickets – and check out the full lineup:
COMMONWEALTH & CRENN
July 8 | Atelier Crenn
Dominique Crenn, Atelier Crenn
Jason Fox, Commonwealth
MODERN AMERICAN PICNIC
July 9 | Baker & Banker
Lori Baker and Jeff Banker, Baker & Banker
Nick Balla and Cortney Burns, Bar Tartine
FAMILY NIGHT: GOING BASQUE
July 16 | Grand Cafe
Jen Biesty, Scala’s Bistro
Alicia Jenish, Grand Cafe
July 19 | Tacolicious on Valencia
Antelmo Faria, Tacolicious
Ryan Farr, 4505 Meats
Alex Ong, Betelnut
All prices inclusive of beverage pairings and gratuity. Guests will begin their meal with a handcrafted Campari aperitif, especially created by the chefs.
Visa Signature cardholders receive special discounts. Must be 21 or over to attend. Advanced ticket purchase required. The series will benefit the Center for Urban Education about Sustainable Agriculture. Presented by 7x7, Campari and KCBS.
- SF Chefs Dinner Party Project #5: Modern American Picnic
- SF Chefs Dinner Party Project #6: Family Night: Going Basque
- Market Watch: CUESA's Epic 2013 Summer Celebration Is Around the Corner
- A Gluten-Free Ride: How SF Chefs Are Embracing The New Starch-Intolerant Diner
- Celebrate the American Red Cross With A Bay Area Chef Cook-Off