Pop-Up Pear Orchard in Union Square to Benefit Meals On Wheels Tonight
We San Franciscans love our fresh produce fiercely. Seeing that this city is more bustling concrete jungle than quiet countryside, the pear gurus Harry & David are growing an amazing pop-up orchard near Union Square to benefit Meals On Wheels of San Francisco.
From 5-7:30 pm at 117 Post Street just as the sun goes down, Harry & David will light up the orchard with quite the spread of goodies, from gourmet pears, snacks and a photobooth to pose with pears in, as well as an area dedicated to the delectable creation that is Moose Munch. Taste everything, grab a few drinks and listen to music--all for a good cause to kick off the weekend.
- Hot Pop-Up Planner: Labor Day Weekend Eats and Beyond
- Artist Freya Prowe's Pop-Up Slingshot Gallery to Debut This Weekend on Valencia
- Ways to Give Back: SF Chefs 2010, Cleaning Up Lake Merritt & More
- Just Like Heaven? Beer and Artisan Cheese Pairing at Social Kitchen & Brewery Tonight
- ICHI Sushi Opens Tonight In the Outer Mission