R Bar Makes Liquor.com's List of Bartender-Approved Drinking Holes
Bartenders are encyclopedias when it comes to the best new spirits or any perfectly mixed cocktail. So wouldn't you want to know where they go when they feel like getting their drink on? Liquor.com has compiled a list of bartender-approved watering holes around the country, and San Francisco's very own R Bar is on it.
R Bar, 1176 Sutter Street, San Francisco, 415 567 7441:
After a long night behind the stick, San Francisco mixologists retire to the R Bar. While the establishment stocks many spirits and the cocktails are great, the house drink is a simple glass of bitter Fernet-Branca. The intensely herbaceous Italian liqueur is a favorite among the city’s bartenders.
What to Drink: Fernet-Branca
- Nihon Whisky Lounge Makes Liquor.com's List of Best Single-Spirit Bars in the Country
- Liquor.com: SF Bartending Stars Compete to Mix the Best Negroni
- Top Chef Masters' Rick Bayless Mixes Up the Party-Perfect Summer Margarita
- Oakland, CA: The Birth Place of the Mai Tai
- Happy Cocktail Week! Signature Drink Recipes from Cantina, Elixir and Comstock Saloon