Secret Recipe: Elixir’s Kentucky Pilgrim
7x7 asks the city's chefs for the recipes to their most loved cocktails, bar snacks, starters, mains, and desserts. If there's a dish you can't stop thinking about and want to make at home, email email@example.com. Your wish may end up on the blog, along with the actual recipe from the chef.
Originally created by local bar mixologist and founding member of San Francisco Cocktail Week, H. Joseph Ehrmann, this delicious cocktail has become a holiday classic.
The Kentucky Pilgrim
1 1/2 ounces Wild Turkey Thanksgiving Infusion (see recipe below)
1 ounce lemon juice
1/2 ounce Maraschino Liqueur
1/2 ounce demerara syrup
1. In a mixing glass, add all ingredients, fill with ice, and shake well for 10 seconds.
2. Use a Hawthorne strainer to pour into a wine glass.
3. Garnish with a long lemon twist.
For a warm cocktail:
1. Mix all ingredients into a mug and add 3 ounces hot water.
2. Stir and garnish with a wide lemon disc twist.
Wild Turkey Thanksgiving Infusion
1 liter Wild Turkey 101
2 bar spoons cardamom seeds
1 1/2 cups dried, unsweetened cranberries
3 sticks cinnamon
1. In a wide-mouthed glass infusion jar, place Wild Turkey 101 and cardamom seeds.
2. Close and leave in a dark cool place for 1 day.
3. Strain out cardamom and add dried unsweetened cranberries and cinnamon.
4. Close and leave for another 2 days, agitating once per day.
5. Strain solids and store in the original Wild Turkey bottle with proper labeling.