Secret Recipe: Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen's Hibiscus Paloma
7x7 asks the city's chefs for the recipes to their most loved cocktails, bar snacks, starters, mains, and desserts. If there's a dish you can't stop thinking about and want to make at home, email email@example.com. Your wish may end up on the blog, along with the actual recipe from the chef.
Inspired by Jasper's Corner Tap & Kitchen Chef Mike Ransom’s affinity for grapefruit juice and hibiscus soda, bar manager Kevin Diedrich created this homage of a cocktail (it's an off-menu treat, so check out the chalkboard). Diedrich makes his own hibiscus water, but you can (more) easily grab it at the market.
1 1/2 ounces Altos Blanco Tequila
1 ounce hibiscus water (available at specialty food stores)
1 ounce grapefruit juice
1/2 ounce lime juice
1/2 ounce Combier Pamplemousse grapefruit liqueur
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a shaker, shake, and strain into a Collins glass.
2. Top with soda
3. Garnish with hibiscus flowers and lime wheel.
- Jasper’s Corner Tap & Kitchen Opens Downtown Tomorrow
- Secret Recipe: Jasper Corner Tap & Kitchen’s Wiessen Sour Cocktail
- What SF Brewers Have on Tap for Strong Beer Month
- Suprisingly Modern Takes on the Deviled Egg Spice Up Local Menus
- Pumpkin Morning, Noon and Night: An Exercise in Seasonality Disorder