SF Street Food Festival: See you there!
Right now, in kitchens throughout the city, cooks are preparing their dishes for the second annual SF Street Food Festival, happening tomorrow in the Mission from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Should you be attending (and I really hope you are) here's what you can look forward to: 'Zilla dogs from 4505 Meats. Huaraches from El Huarache Loco. Roli Roti porchetta sandwiches. Tacos of every variety, including Korean. Bi-Rite ice cream sandwiches. Liba's falafel. Pizzeria Delfina's meatball hero and "Koolaide." In total, some 40 vendors will be selling delicious food, none of it priced higher than $8. And admission is free!
Instead of one bar, like last year, this year there are three, with cocktails from Rye on the Road poured by some of the best bartenders in the business (my vote is for the mint julep). And when the fun dies down at the festival, it's followed by an afterparty at Cocomo featuring (yes) more street food, salsa music and good times.
And best of all, very, very best of all, the festival and afterparty are both huge fundraisers for La Cocina, a non-profit that does such great work it ought to be replicated in every city. I'm so happy to be involved, and looking forward to seeing you all there!
- Word On The Street: The Must-Do, Must-Eat At The SF Street Food Festival
- Street Food: Festival and Conference!
- This Week in Food: Foreign Cinema Anniversary Party, Eat Real Festival, and South Beach Street Fair
- Jello Shots, Po' Boys, and Jambalaya Croquettes, Oh My! What To Look Forward To at This Year's SF Street Food Festival
- A Handy Road Map To The San Francisco Street Food Festival