Tenth Annual Wine & Wishes Raises Over $700,000
On February 5, the Greater Bay Area Make-A-Wish Foundation® held their much-loved annual benefit and exceeded all expectations in raising money to grant wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses. Both the Gourmet Food & Wine Tasting, with 1,000 guests, and the exclusive Winemaker Dinner for 400, sold out prior to the event, which was held at a new venue, the City View Room at the Metreon. Guests enjoyed a four-course gourmet dinner created by twelve of the Bay Area’s top celebrity chefs, including Roland Passot of La Folie and Hubert Keller of Fleurs de Lys. For the first time, the event also featured Bay Area sommeliers led by Debbie Zachareas of Oxbow Market and Ferry Plaza Wine Merchant. In addition, top-notch chefs from more than 30 other restaurants, including Waterbar, Masa’s, Piperade and the girl & the fig, offered a sumptuous array of hors d’oeuvres. Over 35 wineries, including Far Niente, Gundlach Bundschu, Nickel & Nickel, Patz & Hall and Cakebread Cellars, offered tastings of their signature wines.
photo credit: n/a
- You're Invited: Support Wine and Wishes This Saturday at the Metreon
- The 4th Annual White Caps & Night Caps Raises Over $35,000
- Photos: Spinsters of San Francisco's Fourth Annual Fleet or Flight Raises Over $7,000
- Live! On-the-ground video reports from all over Slow Food Nation
- Superstar Chefs, Cult Wine, and Great Views Unite at Make A Wish Greater Bay Area's Wine and Wishes