Thai Spices Inspire an Osha Cocktail
While traveling through Thailand, Kate KaiKaew was inspired by all the wonderful Thai spices. Drawing from her experiences, Kate created A.Nise, a cocktail featuring Madagascar Vanilla infused rum, Pink Pigeon, and house made Osha falernum made from the oriental Thai spice named “star anise” and lemongrass.
Found on Osha’s Sip Series, this cocktail is delightful on your palate and was created to compliment the distinctive flavors of the Thai food prepared by Chef Lalita, from Osha’s kitchen.
“Drinking the A.Nise will refresh and relax you, says Kate.”
Here's how to make this tropical concoction at home!
1.5 oz Pink Pigeon Rum
.5 oz Amaretto
.5 oz Osha Falernum
.5 oz Lemon Juice
1 oz Pineapple Juice
2-3 dashes Orange Bitters
Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice. Shake. Strain over fresh ice into a rocks glass. Garnish with Anise & 2 slices Lemongrass
- Having a Party? A Restaurant for Every Occasion
- Classic New Orleans: Cocktail Inspiration from the Big Easy
- Obsessed! Chef Jen Biesty of Scala's Bistro Loves Larb
- Photos: Loft San Francisco's Fantastic Sale Day at Embarcadero Center
- Hot 20 2010: Wassana Korkhieola and Lalita Souksamlane, Owners, Osha Thai