Twenty-Two Amazing Bay Area Ice Cream Shops Perfect for Kids
There's nothing like a big scoop of ice cream on a hot day, but with so many options all around us, how do you know where you'll get the most bang for your buck? We've gotten rid of the guesswork by offering up this list of the ultimate scoop spots around the Bay Area.
Mitchell’s Ice Cream
688 San Jose Ave., open every day from 11:00 am - 11:00 pm.
This long-established Mission favorite has been serving delicious specialty ice cream, sorbet, and sundaes for over 50 years. There’s some indoor seating if you like to relax as you indulge.
Swensen’s Ice Cream
1999 Hyde St., open Tuesday thru Thursday and Sunday 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Friday and Saturday 12:00 pm - 11:00 pm.
This tiny retro-style store in Russian Hill is known for its rich, creamy, flavorful ice cream. The sticky chewy chocolate is one of their best sellers. Counter service only. Parking is tricky, so plan accordingly. Give the kids an extra thrill and hop on the 45 from Union Street and let the bus carry you to the top of the hill.
Click here for twenty more Bay Area ice cream shops!
More Eat + Drink Postings
- The New Cool Kids: Ice Cream, Popsicles and More
- Try Out Square's Card Case at Sightglass, Smitten Ice Cream, Pinkie's Bakery, Devil's Teeth, and 10 Other Bay Area Merchants
- Bay Area Ice Skating Rinks for Kids
- Bay Area Cooking Classes for Kids
- Rainy Day Bay Area Cafes to Eat, Sip, and Play with the Kids