This Week in Food: The Big Eat, Pop-Up Dinner, Oscar Night, and Source Opens
Today, February 23
Friday, February 25
Can’t get enough of the city’s obsession with pop-ups? Coffee Bar hosts chef Lauren Kiino of Il Cane Rosso and her three-course, $35 dinner. First up, it’s sweet onion and potato soup or oil-cured sardines, followed by braised artichoke or oxtail stew, and finishing up with espresso-poached dates. RSVP is required. 1890 Bryant St.,
Sunday, February 27
Walk down 1300 Fillmore’s red carpet and chef David Lawrence’s take on soul food while you watch the Oscars. Everyone gets a ballot to cast their vote in each category—and for a chance to win dinner for two at the restaurant. Anyone wearing a costume based on one of the nominated films (i.e a Black Swan tutu), you'll get a complimentary chef’s choice appetizer. 1300 Fillmore St.
Tuesday, March 1
Source opens in SoMa—a vegan and vegetarian restaurant for breakfast, lunch, and dinner from chef Mitchell Fox. The menu’s full of organic sandwiches, salads, dosas, and soups. Think truffle macaroni and cheese, gluten-free lasagna, and Jamaican jerk vegetables with sweet mango chutney. There’s also a wood-burning pizza oven and elixir bar for faux-but-healthy cocktails. 11 Division St.
Also, throughout March, McCormick & Kuleto’s Seafood Restaurant will be collecting new or lightly used jackets and coats in support of the One Warm Coat program. Every coat is awarded a $10 gift certificate from the restaurant to the giver. 900 North Point.
- Week in Food: Rosh Hashanah Pop-Up, Macy's at SF Proxy, Oktoberfest, Food Trivia Night, and More
- This Week in Food: Bun Mee Opens in Pac Heights, Maverick Hosts a Mystery Night, and Foreign Cinema's Wine Dinner Series Continues
- This Week in Food: Cheese Shop Opening, All Things Goat, Food as Art, and a Pop-Up Passover
- This Week in Food: Super Duper Opens in FiDi, Celebrity Chef Tour, Slow Taco Night, and More
- This Week in Food: Easy Creole's Pop-Up, TXOKO Opens, and Dine About Town Kicks Off