This Week in Food: Cocktail College, Beer Gala, Cookies, and Whole Foods Opens
Thursday, Feb. 10
Lately, mixed drinks have gotten quite serious—enough, anyway, to inspire courses like Bar Adagio’s Cocktail College. Learn to make bitters, infusions, garnishes, and two vodka concoctions. It’s free, and it starts at 6 p.m. and goes on until 8 p.m. Reserve here. 550 Geary St.
Friday, Feb. 11
SF Beer Week is all about the culture and fun of beer, and it kicks off at 5 p.m. with the SF Brewers Guild Opening Gala at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. There will be more than 35 Northern California breweries pouring, and you’ll get a nice glass at the door so you can sample. Tickets are $55 and be bought here. 1701 Mission St.
Saturday, Feb. 12
Scharffen Berger’s cookie expert, Alice Medrich, shares her secrets in Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy Melt-In-Your-Mouth Cookies and gives a cooking demo at the CUESA kitchen in the Ferry Building. Yes, there will be samples. To reserve a spot ($35), call 415-330-5557.
Sunday, Feb. 13
Haight residents are all a Twitter over the Whole Foods that opens Wednesday, Feb. 16. The Sunday before the big opening, from noon to 4 p.m., the store parking lot hosts the Good Food Celebration, featuring empanadas from Sabores del Sur, Clairequares shortbread, and brews from Magnolia Brewery, the sales from which go to benefit La Cocina. 690 Stanyan St.
More Eat + Drink Postings
- Week in Food: U.N. Farmer's Market, Mission Block Party, Hog & Rocks Fundraiser, Street Eats Charity Gala, and More
- Top Eat + Drink Events This Week: Kraut College, Tea School and Home Brewers Night
- Week in Food: Openings, Elizabeth Falkner Cooking Class, Cocktails 101, SF Chefs, and More
- Knife Classes and Cocktail College: This Week's Top Events
- This Week in Food: Rose Pistola Reopens, Supper Club, Food Culture Talks, and Butchers and Beer