Week in Food: Free Ice Cream, Brisketfest, Pickling Workshop, and Jardiniere turns 14
Today, September 7
The nice weather's a good excuse to get a free scoop or two of Scream Sorbet's strawberry, pistachio, and melon. The Cooking Channel will be parked on the south side of the Ferry Building, serving sorbet in an ice cream truck, 10-3 p.m.
Carnivores, get thee to Shotwell's Brisketfest starting at 6 p.m. For $5, you get your choice of brisket from Wise Sons Deli, Good Foods Catering, and Gypsy Kitchen. For $15, have all three, and vote on your favorite. Jesse Friedman's SodaCraft will also be there with smoked strawberry vanilla bean sodas to wash it down. 3349 20th St.
Thursday, September 8
The next Jewish Contemporary Museum DIY workshop RitLab (Ritual Laboratory) is all about pickles. Learn to make your own, and take them home in hand-decorated jars. Picklefest is free with regular admission and takes place 6-8 p.m. 736 Mission St.
Saturday-Sunday, September 10-11
Get your chocolate fix for a good cause at the annual Ghirardelli Square Chocolate Festival. The $20 tickets get you access to the ice cream sundae eating contests and chocolate samplings from more than 40 local and regional purveyors. Proceeds benefit Project Open Hand, a San Francisco nonprofit that provides meals for people living with HIV/AIDS, as well as senior citizens and the homebound. Ghirardelli Square
Monday, September 12
Jardinière turns 14 and is celebrating with a prix fixe dinner off the restaurant's first 1997 menu. Expect, among other things, a lobster strudel and an apple tart, as well wine pairings. 300 Grove St.
- This Week in Food: Off the Grid Market, Pickle Workshop, Chili Cookoff, and Bon Vivants
- Week in Food: Street Food Fest, Knife Skills Workshop, Asian Culinary Forum, and more
- Week in Food: Jake Godby Dinner, Jam Workshop, Tequila Tailgate, Downtown Farmers Market, and More
- The Week in Food: Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams, Venga Empanadas, Breastfest Beer Festival, and a BBQ Rib Throwdown
- The New Cool Kids: Ice Cream, Popsicles and More