This Week in Food: Off the Grid Market, Pickle Workshop, Chili Cookoff, and Bon Vivants
Today, Feb. 2
Matt Cohen, founder of Off the Grid, launches a fifth food truck market at Fifth and Minna streets in the Intersection 5M project at the San Francisco Chronicle building. Hapa SF, Seoul on Wheels, Southern Sandwich, Kung Fu Tacos, Curry Up Now, and CupKate's Truck will all be parked there from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 5
Pickling goes way beyond peppers. Starting at 2 p.m., Karen Solomon, author of Jam It, Pickle It, Cure It, teaches a free pickling workshop at Macy's Union Square using vinegar, miso, and more. Cohost JoEllen DeNicola, a Good Food Awards finalist, will demo her ginger sauerkraut salad, followed by a book signing.
Sunday, Feb. 6
Enter your famous chili recipe at Bottom of the Hill's third annual Super Bowl Heavy Metal Chili Cookoff, which starts at 1 p.m.. To compete, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (there are only 25 spots open). James Beard Award winner Amy Machnak, Flour+Water's Freedom Rains, Morty's Deli owner Tim Brown, Acme Chophouse's John Eppenheimer, and Memphis Minnie's Ben Seabury make up the judging panel, so get ready to impress.
Tuesday, Feb. 8
There are just 10 reservations available for The Bon Vivants' five-course cocktail pairing dinner at Flour+Water's prep kitchen-turned-private-dining-room. The dinner ($150) will give food groupies a chance to get up close and personal with Scott Baird, Josh Harris, and Tom McNaughton and will include an amuse-bouche and six beer and wine pairings.To make reservations, contact Flour+Water at 415-826-7000.
- Week in Food: Jake Godby Dinner, Jam Workshop, Tequila Tailgate, Downtown Farmers Market, and More
- Week in Food: Free Ice Cream, Brisketfest, Pickling Workshop, and Jardiniere turns 14
- Week in Food: Street Food Fest, Knife Skills Workshop, Asian Culinary Forum, and more
- This Week in Food: Louis' Reopens, Charity Cook-Off, Pastry Pop-Up, and More
- Week in Food: U.N. Farmer's Market, Mission Block Party, Hog & Rocks Fundraiser, Street Eats Charity Gala, and More