This Week in Food: Luella's 6th Birthday, The Front Porch's Fat Tuesday Shrimp Boil & More
Tuesday, March 8:
Soul food staple The Front Porch is staging a classic shrimp boil on Fat Tuesday, flying the shrimp in from Terrebone Parish in Louisiana. It all begins at 5 p.m. and runs until there's no more. Wash it all down with Abita beers, and expect bead-throwing and a live jazz band. Full dinner service will be available all night with some New Orleans special additions to the menu.
65A 29th St., 415-695-7800.
Also on Fat Tuesday:
A16 hosts its annual Festa Della Donna fundraiser to celebrate International Women’s Day. Join wine director Shelley Lindgren, executive chef David Taylor and an all-star team of female guest chefs, cheesemakers, sommeliers, authors, and winemakers to help raise money and awareness for La Cocina, a nonprofit organization that supports women in the food industry. Every penny of the night's profits help their cause.
In addition to offering chef David Taylor’s regular menu, guests can order à la carte dishes like Torn Pasta Fagioli with Shrimp Polpettini, Chicken Meatball Lasagnettes and Creamy Vanilla Bread Pudding
To make a reservation at A16, call 415-771-2216, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to OpenTable. Walk-in seating will also be available.
2355 Chestnut St., 415-771-2216.
Russian Hill's Luella celebrates their 6th birthday by offering $4 wines by the glass Sunday through Thursday evenings for the entire month. Some examples of wines being offered are: Biohof Pratsch ‘Rotenpullen’ Gruner Veltliner, Austria, 2009; Dry Creek Chenin Blanc, Sonoma, California, 2009; Monte Lomas Malbec, Mendoza, Argentina, 2004; Borsao ‘Tres Picos’ Garnacha, Spain, 2008; and six other selections.
1896 Hyde St. at Green, 415-674-4343.
- Week in Food: Knife Skills Class, Boxing Room Opens, and the Tamale Lady's Birthday Bash
- Week in Food: Street Food Fest, Knife Skills Workshop, Asian Culinary Forum, and more
- Week in Food: Rosh Hashanah Pop-Up, Macy's at SF Proxy, Oktoberfest, Food Trivia Night, and More
- Week in Food: Eater's Choice Awards Names Top Food Truck, and More
- This Week in Food: Chefapalooza at Pal's Takeaway, Jonathan Waxman Signing, More Brunch, and Free Lunch