This Week in Food: Tsunami Relief Lunch, Off the Grid Returns, Pâté Demo, Spring Equinox, and More
Friday, March 18
Here’s a good excuse to grab a bite at the growing foodie scene in Dogpatch. Kitchenette is donating lunch sales to a tsunami and earthquake disaster fund. On the menu: Carolina-style slow-smoked pulled pork sandwich, Indian-inspired fried chicken sandwich, lemongrass and grilled eggplant banh mi, and braised duck poutine. 958 Illinois Street
Also, Off the Grid returns to Fort Mason with eight new food trucks and tents, more space, and longer hours. Magnolia Pub and the Alembic will craft brews, wine, and cocktails for the open market that goes from 5 to 10 p.m. Marina Boulevard at Buchanan Street
Saturday, March 19
At 11:45 a.m., Bar Agricole chef Brandon Jew demos pork pâté with honey mostarda in the CUESA kitchen at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market. One Ferry Building at Embarcadero
Monday, March 21
Outerlands celebrates the spring equinox with a vegetarian pop-up dinner from Cooking with Leif's Leif Hedendal. On the $60 menu, you can expect sheeps'-milk ricotta and black trumpet mushrooms on top of toasts, a soup of green garlic, English peas, stinging nettles, dulse, sencha, and matsutake dashi, mesclun with icicle radishes, blood orange, and argan, and for dessert, a rhubarb-fennel galette with honey, lemon thyme, and crème fraiche. To reserve either the 6 or 9 p.m. seatings, email firstname.lastname@example.org. 4001 Judah St.
Tuesday, March 22
At the upcoming Tartine Bakery Afterhours, Tartine is throwing a $35 three-course family style meal in the bakery for diners picked at random out of a hat. For a chance to attend, send an email to email@example.com. 600 Guerrero St.
- This Week in Food: Pal's Takeaway, Filipino Cooking Demo, Eat Retreat, Potluck for Readers
- This Week in Food: Off the Grid Market, Pickle Workshop, Chili Cookoff, and Bon Vivants
- This Week in Food: Chefapalooza at Pal's Takeaway, Jonathan Waxman Signing, More Brunch, and Free Lunch
- Week in Food: Lucky Peach Launch Party, Mission Chinese Food Reopens and an Iron Chef Demos Downtown
- This Week in Food: Louis' Reopens, Charity Cook-Off, Pastry Pop-Up, and More