What To Do With Port? Here's a Recipe
Our friends at Liquor.com call port the fruitcake of alcohol. Holiday guests will bring you a bottle and because few people know what to do with it, it gets shoved to the back of the liquor cabinet and forgotten. But they've dug up a very good reason for you to dust off that old bottle you've had and finally uncork it. Here's a recipe:
Contributed by Jerry Thomas
• .5 tsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Water
• 2 oz Brandy
• 4 oz Seltzer
• .5 oz Graham’s Six Grapes Port (pictured)
Add the sugar and water to a highball glass and stir to dissolve. Add several ice cubes, the brandy and the seltzer, and stir gently to combine. Float the port on top by pouring it carefully over the back of a spoon. Garnish with fresh ground nutmeg.
For a recipe for USS Richmond Punch made with port, click here!
- Happy Cocktail Week! Signature Drink Recipes from Cantina, Elixir and Comstock Saloon
- Say Hello to Fall with Seasonal Apple Cocktail Recipes from Liquor.com
- Coconut Water Cocktail Recipes for "Hydrated" Drinking
- Melt The SF Summer Chill: A Whiskey Cocktail Recipe from Beretta's Ryan Fitzgerald
- Spritz Cocktail Recipes from Liquor.com