Sometimes finding all your holiday gifts in big-box stores can leave you feeling a little empty inside, which is why we prefer to buy local products whenever possible! That's where Inner City Advisors (ICA) comes in. It's a wonderful nonprofit that grows locally owned small businesses in order to create good jobs, which in turn positively impacts the Bay Area community. In fact, last year, ICA helped over 150 Bay Area small businesses, which collectively created and retained 2,445 stable jobs and generated over $111 million dollars in local wages. Pretty impressive!
Do your part to support the hard-working small business owners in the Bay by using our gift guide featuring local products that you've surely spotted around town, from snacks to beauty products.
1. Juniper Ridge Big Sur Trail Crew Soap. Natural fragrance sustainably harvested in the mountains above Big Sur.
2. 479° Popcorn The International Collection. Bold, exciting flavors make this one way to take a trip around the globe.
3. Ancient Organics Ghee. Premium cooking oil celebrated for its wonderful taste, nutritional benefits and medicinal qualities.
4. Back to the Roots Home Aquaponics Kit. Self-cleaning fish tank that grows food.
5. Blue Bottle Coffee Co. Dipper Tote Set. A portion of proceeds will be donated to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. Visit any California retail location for more details.
6. Cook! Delicious Detox. Give the gift of health with the whole foods-based Delicious Detox (1, 2, 3 week programs)
7. El Porteño Empanadas. Celebrating the food and culture of Argentina.
8. Prather Ranch Meat Co. The highest quality, most sustainably raised meats available.
9. Premier Organics Gourmet Nut Butters. Raw, organic, 100% vegan nut butters from sun, to plant, to body.
10. Plum Organics Jammy Sammy snack bar. Apple cinnamon & oatmeal sandwich bar that helps kids have healthy, sustained energy.
11. CORE Foods Defender Meal. Save $5 on any order of fresh portable food by entering the code "ICAholidays" AFTER checkout.