Come Sunday: Noise Pop ‘N Shop
A fashion-minded addition to Noise Pop, Sunday’s Pop ‘n Shop at Public Works is likely to be music to many stylish locals’ ears. Over 30 vendors will be selling handcrafted apparel, accessories and giftables during the event, which is part of the music festival’s Culture Club line-up of arts-minded workshops, talks and D.I.Y.-driven events.
Here are five reasons to go (other than the free admission, of course):
1. Heathered, a local vendor who makes slim laminated wallets ($15) out of vintage Vespa postcards, among other nifty things.
2. Sora Designs, maker of such fun vintage-inspired and antique jewelry pieces as this Bambi locket necklace ($34.50), which you could use to hide keepsakes or, you know, other stuff.
3. Etta + Billie, a local source for artisanal bath and body products, including grapefruit and cardamom body crème ($23.95) packaged in recyclable glass jars.
4. The Feathered Leopard, whose adornments range from foxtail keychains to custom-made leather and feather earrings ($70 for the pair shown here).
5. Freedminds, purveyor of original cotton t-shirts such as the Pleasure shirt shown here ($28).
Noise Pop ‘n Shop takes place Sunday, Feb. 27, from 12-6 pm at Public Works (161 Erie St.), www.publicsf.com.