Designer Jellies: Childhood Fave Turned Chic?
Like it or not, jelly sandals are back in a big way this summer. Luckily our statement shoe of choice in elementary school has grown up a bit since the playground days, revamped by a few of our favorite designers. Despite our love for nostalgia, we've been hesitant to embrace this trend as of yet but now we're dying to scoop up a pair in every color. After all, the flip-flop's edgier cousin looks equally as fresh for day or night. Check out some of our favorite finds:
1. See by Chloé Ankle Wrap Jelly Sandal in black, $125: Practical yet sleek, these strappy sandals will take you from the beach to dining al fresco downtown.
2. Melissa Mystery Gladiator Sandals in red, $71:
These tomato-hued gladiators will jazz up your beach ensemble in a breeze.
3. Givenchy Cutout Jelly Flats, $119:
The only Givenchy we see ourselves affording in the near future just so happens to also be versatile enough to carry us through the summer.
4. Melissa Origami Heels in purple, $89:
Elevate your warm weather staples to the next level with these modern jellies.
5. Melissa Joy & Alexandre Herchcovitch Jelly Oxford in black, $100:
Not your typical jellies by any stretch, these tongue-in-chic oxfords were also voted Best Travel Accessory by Travel & Leisure.
6. Tory Burch Reva Jelly Flats in red, $59.90:
Embrace your inner preppie with these vibrant flats.
7. Melissa Vivienne Westwood Lady Dragon Pumps in yellow, $149:
Westwood's take on the jelly is unapologetically reminiscent of the dress-up heels from our childhood, and we love them all the more for it.