Fly Guy: New Men's Wear Store Opens in Embarcadero Center
If you’re not a Fi-Di regular, chances are you haven’t noticed the popular online retailer OnTheFly.com recently opened up a bricks-and-mortar shop in the Embarcadero Center. Formerly based in a little-known warehouse in SoMa, the five-year-old company founded by haberdasher and Russian Hill resident Ami Arad, specializes in all things a stylish gentleman could need from croc-embossed cigar cases and shaving kits to silk ties and tailored trousers.
Not everything you’ll find on the web site is carried in the store, but there’s a wide representation of the goods on hand including such favorites as Ike Behar shirts, Michael Toschi leather shoes and Jan Leslie novelty cufflinks. Local brands Hlaska, Blind Bunney Couture and Artificial Flavor are also in the mix. Guys who’ve endured being dragged to the girliest of shops over the holidays will especially appreciate the refreshingly testosterone-friendly atmo: a giant stuffed Grizzly bear hovers inside and custom Harley Davidson bike gleams in the window.
On The Fly is open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturdays 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays by appointment at One Embarcadero Center, street level, 866-880-8481.
- SF Street Style: Casual Chic, Printed Scarf + Button Leggings in the Financial District
- Look of the Week: Men's Leather Sandals Done Right
- Link Love: Men in Heels, A Dying Garment District and Narciso for Less
- Seven Favorite Things: Uniqlo Men's & Women's Wear + the Scoop on the New Union Square Pop-up!
- Barbacco Brings Modern Italy to the FiDi