Inspiring Activewear, Athleta Opens New Shop in Pacific Heights
San Francisco women are smart, chic and active. For clothing that can handle our on-the-go lifestyles, Athleta just might be the answer.
Athleta is the latest addition to the Gap Inc. conglomerate, and opened its first retail store last Thursday in Pacific Heights. The brand focuses on modern activewear that suits a broad range of women living the modern ubran-outdoorsy lifestyle -- perfect for SF.
With a beautifully inviting layout, the store itself is really a retail destination that will inspire you to look cute and, more importantly, work out.
The collection features all of the musts: flattering fits, quality construction and reasonable pricing. It also includes everything from daywear for a stroll in Golden Gate Park, to ski apparel for a weekend in Tahoe.
We couldn't wait to shop the new store, and thought we'd share our top picks from Athleta:
1. Stripe Seamless Switch Tank, $54.
2. Yantra Yoga Bag, $69.
3. Zephyr Jacket, $89.
4. Solid Base Camp Tight, $49.
5. Simple Suntan Sandal, $70.
Athleta, 2226 Fillmore St. Open Mon-Fri 10am -7pm, Sat 10am-6pm and Sun 11am -5pm.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- Inside Lilith: New Pacific Heights Outpost for Feminine French Fashion
- Street Style Report: A Super Cute SF Toddler Shows Us Three Looks, in Presidio Heights
- Ruti: Tel Aviv Designers Take Over a New Pac Heights Boutique
- Golden Gate Park: A Map of Park Activities
- Wing Women: Two Birds Opens in Noe Valley