Last-Minute Gift Ideas for 11th Hour Shoppers
‘Twas two days before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.... That’s because they were out, racing through the streets in frenzied madness, trying desperately to hunt down last-minute gifts. Grr. Let us help you in your endeavors with 7 spots where you can easily snag something for anyone on your last-minute list:
- Space NK: Head to the Westfield Centre and Bloomingdales to visit this British-born beauty apothecary shop for choice fragrance, skin, hair and cosmetic products for men and women. Stuff their stockings with Lipstick Queen lip shines, Diptyque body cream or, for him, Acqua di Parma fragrance and shaving products.
- Anthem: Pop into this Presido Heights go-to for the haute home to find such great giftables as universally-loved candles by Dayna Decker, Rani Arabella throws and standout home accessories by Edwina Hunt.
- Indie Industries: Cross the remaining young, hip urbanites off your list with a visit to this North Beach destination for independently designed apparel and accessories. Dudes will love the little tins holding hand-printed skinny ties from Indie Industries by Mike Stone. For ladies, look to jewelry by Bay Area designers Kriss Nations, Ibiss, Ofina and Rachel Eva.
- Built By Wendy: Set to close its West Coast doors for good on the 28th after less than a year in its Mission home, this New York-based label is moving inventory with discounts of up to 75 percent off. For girls or guys, we especially like the super-soft Oxford shirt.
- Jest Jewels: Tie up your gift list loose ends with lighthearted finds from this everything-under-the-sun accessories retailer. Worth giving? Dogeared’s Light as a Feather bracelet, Jane Tran leopard print hair bands and mirrored compacts engraved with such cheeky sayings as, “If you don’t have anything nice to say....sit next to me.”
- Carrots: Head to this grand Jackson Square emporium’s apothecary to pick up to-die-for scents and aromatic bath products. We love anything and everything by local “nose” Yosh Han.
- EcoLogiQue: Wrap up your outing with a stop at this eco-chic Hayes Valley shop for fashionable finds with a sustainable bent. Good goods? Bags by English Retreads, Green Label Organic baby gear and jewelry by Rachel Jordana. Through the end of January, you can save $10 on any purchase here with the EcoLogiQue Holiday Coupon.