Link Love: Alien Shoes, Sesame Street and Prime Cleavage
Juicy bits to start your weekend …
High fashion or new weapon? Apparently alien shoes are in. Grazia reports that Alexander McQueen’s offices are flooded with calls from women who want these shoes. Yikes.
Uniqlo and Disney. Marc Jacobs and Miss Piggy. Stella and Bambi. What’s next in kiddie-inspired looks? Sesame Street gets destroyed by American Apparel. BlackBook reports.
So much for buttoned-up British decorum—Prime Minister Gordon Brown’s wife pops out of her Grecian goddess-inspired gown. HuffPo caught Sarah Brown on camera.
Decorate your neck with Dior this holiday season. The iconic brand launches a Cristal Boréal pendant necklace for only $80. Now, that’s a gift you’ll want to give yourself. (via The Cut)
Our city’s very own Alexander Wang is on fashion fire. According to WWD, the designer just picked up the 2009 Swiss Textiles Award and 100,000 euros in prize money.
Refinery29 names who they consider the 10 hardest working designers in the fashion industry.
The beloved Cate Blanchett takes the stage as Blanche DuBois in Tennessee Williams's A Streetcar Named Desire. Take a peek at Vogue’s slideshow.
- Link Love: Angelina Jolie Does Fashion and Hamish Bowles Does Wall Street
- Link Love: Spiked Corsets, FashionTweek and Heidi Klum’s Derrière
- Link Love: From Trash to Charity, Chanel Tattoos and Wig Wonders
- Link Love: January Jones Un-enhanced and Paris Runway Couture
- Link Love: RIP Daul Kim, VS Lingerie Cirque du Soleil and Fashion IMBD