Look of the Week: SF Ballet Presents Giselle
The window displays around Union Square are all a flutter with fancy tutus and pretty pink pointe shoes, circling buzz for the SF Ballet's 2011 Season, opening with Giselle this Saturday evening.
The ballet is a classic place to see and be seen in SF. With that in mind, we're channeling our inner Gisele, and thinking long, lean and elegant.
For the perfect night at the ballet, remember that simple can be devastatingly beautiful. Look and feel as graceful as any prima ballerina in this classic one shoulder champagne gown. If you're hesitant to wear a floor-length frocks, don't you fret -- a belted higher waist will lengthen your legs, while adding shape. Get even more leggy with a pair of strappy black pumps, featuring a small platform for comfort. And finally, add a little Black Swan edge to all that elegance with a textured satin clutch and silver studs.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
More Style + Design Postings
- This Week in Fashion: Eric Dane at Kiehl's Grand Opening, Heliotrope Celebrates 1 Year, Custom Suiting from PDX + Mad Summer Sales
- Street Style Report: Clutch Love in Union Square
- The Clutch That Caught Our Eye in Union Square
- SF Street Style: Sitting Pretty in a Vintage Blazer, Brooch + Knee Highs in Union Square
- SF Street Style: Best Friends with Distinctly Different Styles in Union Square