Minxy's Brings Affordable Vintage to the Mission
The Mission has many, shall we say, interesting smells. The one we like best? The oh so distinct scent of vintage clothing.
And while we have a soft spot for that musty scent, we love Minxy's Boutique even more for not having it. Minxy's is a one-stop vintage shop that flaunts everything from pointy 80s pumps to bold 60s costume jewelry, with decades of clothing in between.
After years of buying and selling vintage goods on eBay, owner and vintage vixen, Tuc Luong, opened Minxy's last October, in the Mission's rising 24th Street neighborhood.
Luong, is dedicated to carefully selecting lightly used goods that can be easily worked into a modern wardrobe. New goods come in once a week and Luong keeps everything reasonably priced. The clothing is even cleaned by environmentally safe detergent before it is sold - very classy.
Basically, Minxy's is the type of vintage store you think you'll window-shop at, when all of a sudden, you're walking out the door with five new treasures. Consider yourself warned.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- La Boutique Brings Shourouk Chic to SF
- Inner Richmond: Covet Boutique Opens
- SF Street Style: Breezy Colors, the Marc by Marc Jacobs It Bag, Denim Done Right + Cork Pumps on Yerba Buena Lane
- SF Street Style: A Mad Hat, Darling Vintage + Must-See YSL Pumps in the Castro
- Street Style Report: Two Timbuk2 Employees Show Us Four Bike-Friendly Looks in The Mission