San Francisco Native Gets Nod from Anna Wintour at NYFW
We’re betting it was a very fine weekend for San Francisco native Patrik Ervell, who presented his fall menswear collection during New York Fashion Week on Saturday.
Not only did Vogue’s Anna Wintour arrive early to see his show, but she also gave the New York-based designer’s latest her verbal stamp of approval. Before Wintour made her exit, she found Ervell’s representatives and, “asked them to pass along the following message: ‘Tell Patrik I loved the collection,’” The Cut reports.
Fall 2010 menswear from Ervell, who launched his eponymous label in 2005 and was the recipient of a $50,000 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund award in November, stood out with transparent outerwear of latex and rubber atop military-inspired basics, trousers and five-button blazers.
- Is San Francisco Style Ready for a Serious Shot of Preppy?
- Michael Kors Talks Project Runway, Fall Fashion + San Francisco Style
- Thrice as Nice: What’s New from 3 Local Designers
- Link Love: DKNY Gets The Cut, Icy As Ever Anna and JPG Rumors Denied
- No Gen Art Fresh Faces in Fashion for San Francisco this Year?