Where to Shop this Weekend
With another week in ’09 almost under our proverbial belts, we’re doing what we do best on Fridays: pondering ways to pepper the weekend with fashionable fun. Here are three:
Start the weekend off with a bittersweet visit to the South Beach headquarters of Maneater Threads for the online retailer’s closing sale. As you bid adieu to this well-liked company, you’ll make off with apparel and accessories from such designers as Mike & Chris, Nu Collective and YFB at 30 to 80 percent off retail. To attend, rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more about the company’s closing and to learn what’s next for owner Tanya Zilinskas, be sure to check out earlier Glamwatch coverage on the subject: Closing Ceremonies: Maneater Threads Going-Out-of-Business Sale.
- What: Maneater Threads Closing Sale
- Where: 101 Townsend St., Suite 302, 415-777-1488
- When: 4-6:30 p.m. on Friday
Also starting today, Ooma’s annual storewide sale is more than enough reason to schedule a North Beach jaunt in the near future. Everything in this trend-conscious, yet independent-minded shop is priced 20 to 60 percent off until Jan. 31. What’s in store? Deals on women’s apparel and accessories from such labels as Trina Turk, Saffron Rare Threads, She-Bible, Kersh, Orion London and Sally Tseng.
- What: ooma annual sale
- Where: 1422 Grant St., 415-627-6963
- When: Jan. 16-Jan. 31.
On Saturday, head to The Seventh Heart Life is a Ball Sale and enjoy complimentary wine spritzers and 25 percent off already-affordable, hipster-friendly men’s and women’s basics like Cheap Monday and Levi’s denim, American Apparel tops, limited edition screen print tees and accessories from Paul Frank Eyewear, Sub Urban Riot and Lip Service, among others.
- What: The Seventh Heart Life is a Ball Sale
- Where: 1592 Market St., 415-431-1755
- When: 12-6 p.m. on Saturday
- Where to Shop This Weekend: Goldenbleu Going Out of Business Sale, .meggie. and Lovesick
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Sales at Barney's, Ambiance and Kweejibo
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Year-End Sales
- Beach Bound? Resort Apparel and Accessories Marked Down at Carrots this Weekend
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Guy Bedarida at Saks, Appel and Frank and Clary Sage Organics