Where to Shop this Weekend
If there’s one thing that always remains in fashion, it’s the weekend. As plenty head out of town on holiday adventures, others will be launching last-minute shopping missions and hunting down enviable outfits for upcoming soirees.
For either endeavor, you can start the weekend off feeling warm and fuzzy when you take a can of food to the Maneater Threads Holiday Sample Sale and save an additional 35 percent on already discounted apparel from such designers as Nu Collective, Burning Torch, Rami Kashou and Mike & Chris.
- What: Maneater Threads Holiday Sample Sale
- Where: 101 Townsend St., Suite 302, 415-777-1488
- When: Fri. 4-7pm.
Next, we’d recommend a visit to the Lower Haight for the final weekend of the SFGallery143 Holiday Store, which brings a slew of local indie designers together under one roof. You’ll find hand-crafted jewelry from Fluidance, avant-garde offerings from folks like Bad Unkl Sista and Miranda Caroligne, scarves by Harlequin Feltworks and lots of locally-made products. On Friday and Saturday nights, 10 percent of the proceeds go to a featured artist beneficiary, while Sunday closes out the month-long event with an all-day 10 percent discount on everything in the shop.
- What: SFGallery143 Holiday Store
- Where: 143 Fillmore St. (at Waller St.)
- When: Fri. 3-9pm, Sat. 11am-9pm, Sun. 12-9pm
From there, check out sample sales taking place on both sides of the Bay. In the Mission, 2008 Gen Art alum Serial Cultura will be having a holiday event featuring the designer’s signature scarves for $20 to $60, as well as ceramics, jewelry, paintings and other unique items from local artists, including Papaver Vert.
- What: Serial Cultura Holiday Event
- Where: 724 Valencia St. (at 18th)
- When: Sat. 1-8pm
Across the Bay Bridge, edgy Oakland-based fiftyseven-thirtythree will be spreading holiday cheer with a Christmas Party and Warehouse Sale. The hipster apparel company’s graphic tees and hoodies will be 30 to 60 percent off retail during the event.
- What: fiftyseven-thirtythree Christmas Party Warehouse Sale
- Where: 5733 San Leandro St., #4, Oakland, 510-207-0088
- When: Sat. 2-8pm
A warehouse sale of another kind goes down this weekend in Union Square. A serious boon to jeans fiends, The Warehouse Sale brings rack upon rack of premium denim brands to the Hilton San Francisco at a discount. While the company prefers to stay mum about the exact brands it will offer, our previous visits have turned up pairs from Seven for All Mankind, Chip & Pepper, Ditto, J Brand, Miss Me and many others.
- What: The Warehouse Sale
- Where: The Hilton San Francisco, 333 O’Farrell St., Yosemite Room
- When: Sat-Sun. 10am-4pm
More Style + Design Postings
- Look of the Week: Women's Essentials for This Weekend at Outside Lands
- Where to Shop This Weekend: Goldenbleu Going Out of Business Sale, .meggie. and Lovesick
- Making the Man: The Trends of Men's Fashion of San Francisco
- San Francisco’s Best Shops for Pretty Party Dresses
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Guy Bedarida at Saks, Appel and Frank and Clary Sage Organics