Where to Shop this Weekend: Barneys Shoes, Chillin' and Indie Mart
Daylight savings, which goes into effect early Sunday morning, isn’t the only reason to spring forward this weekend. Here are three more:
Get a leg up on the season’s latest trends in footwear courtesy of Simon Doonan, creative director of Barneys New York. The well-known arbiter of style touches down in San Francisco today especially for this afternoon’s event highlighting must-have shoes for spring 2009. Prepare to drool over showstoppers from such designers as Lanvin, Balenciaga, Christian Louboutin and Manolo Blahnik. To attend, RSVP to the number below.
- What: Simon Doonan at Barneys New York
- Where: 77 O’Farrell St., 415-268-3530
- When: Thursday, March 5, 6-8 p.m.
Make an evening of exploring some of the City’s best art, design, fashion and DJ talents when Chillin’ Productions returns to 111 Minna Gallery for its first event of the year. Along with a list of 50 participating fashion designers that reads like a who’s who of the local independent fashion scene, the SoMA shopping party and art show features new works by such artists as Cody Cochrane and Aiyana Udensen. Organizer and founder Irene Hernandez-Feiks will be one of the five DJs hitting the decks. The event is 21+, $7 at the door.
- What: Chillin’ Productions
- Where: 111 Minna St., 415-974-1719
- When: Saturday, March 7, 8 p.m.-2 a.m.
Ease the pain of losing an hour with a visit to this event that originated as a backyard barbecue in the Mission and has since grown into a must-do for fans of local independent design, vintage and the D.I.Y. ethos. At Indie Mart this weekend, expect an eclectic array of one-of-a-kind apparel, handmade jewelry, accessories and art objects from the 40 participating vendors, among them Secession Art & Design, Kittenhawk and Shotwell. Cupcakes, cold beer and beats from local DJs make it even more enticing. The event is 21+, and the $2 suggested donation benefits the nonprofit organization San Francisco Women Against Rape.
- What: Indie Mart
- Where: The Independent, 628 Divisadero St., 415-771-1421
- When: Sunday, March 8, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Sales at Barney's, Ambiance and Kweejibo
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Martin + Osa, ShoeBiz and Noise Pop 'N Shop
- Where to Shop This Weekend: Goldenbleu Going Out of Business Sale, .meggie. and Lovesick
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Guy Bedarida at Saks, Appel and Frank and Clary Sage Organics
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Year-End Sales