Where to Shop this Weekend: Martin + Osa, ShoeBiz and Noise Pop 'N Shop
During the weekend ahead, say goodbye to the shortest month of the year with a feel-good mixture of shopping, art and fashion.
Start tonight at the Westfield San Francisco Centre for an evening of shopping at Martin + Osa with style expert Katrina Szish, who will be on hand to offer tips on translating red carpet trends into everyday looks featuring apparel from the casual retailer’s current collections. The first 100 guests to arrive will receive a $25 gift certificate for Martin + Osa. During the event, merchandise will be discounted 20 percent. Proceeds benefit the Northern California Cancer Center.
- What: Katrina Szish at Martin + Osa
- Where: Westfield San Francisco Centre, 865 Market St.
- When: Feb. 26 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
On Saturday, hotfoot it to the Haight Street ShoeBiz outlet’s Adidas Concept Store for an opening reception featuring work by Noa-, whose monthly live-painting performances have been drawing fans to the store since their debut in 2006. The artist will be painting live starting at 2 p.m. against a backdrop of beats courtesy of DJ Nisus. A 21+ reception follows and will keep the store’s doors open until 11 p.m. Can’t make it this weekend? The exhibition featuring past live-painted work by Noa- will be on view all month long.
- What: Opening reception for Noa- exhibit
- Where: ShoeBiz SF, Adidas Concept Shop, 1420 Haight St., 415-861-3797
- When: Feb. 28, 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Get your indie fix on Saturday afternoon at Noise Pop ‘N Shop, part of the weekend’s Noise Pop music festival. Over 40 Bay Area artists and designers will fill Potrero Hill’s Verdi Club with locally-made apparel, jewelry, accessories and limited-edition screen-printed posters. Participants include such jewelry designers as Colleen Mauer and Cara Lyndon, local labels Culture Consumer and Turk + Taylor, as well as offerings from retailer Still Life Clothing. Other perks? Free admission and a full bar.
- Wha: Noise Pop ‘N Shop
- Where: The Verdi Club, 2424 Mariposa St., 415-861-9199
- When: Feb. 28, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- What’s the Deal: Martin + Osa, Sarah Shaw and An Invite to Beyond the Rack
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Barneys Shoes, Chillin' and Indie Mart
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Guy Bedarida at Saks, Appel and Frank and Clary Sage Organics
- Where to Shop this Weekend: The Mission Statement, Elizabeth Charles & Trunk Shows
- Where to Shop This Weekend: Goldenbleu Going Out of Business Sale, .meggie. and Lovesick