Where to Shop this Weekend: The Mission Statement, Elizabeth Charles & Trunk Shows
Assessing the fit of players’ uniforms and sizing up halftime performers’ getups during the Super Bowl won’t be our only fashion-minded activities this weekend. Here are four more:
When the work day is done, maneuver on over to The Mission Statement for the co-op boutique’s Friday evening shopping event. It’s a chance to meet such San Francisco designers as Estrella Tadeo, Vanessa Gade and Gretchen Walker while perusing locally-made clothing and accessories, enjoying homemade snacks and sipping on mulled wine (because, hey, although it may not be cold, it’s still technically winter). During the event, everything in the store will be marked down at least 20 percent, and many items will be discounted by 30 and 40 percent.
- What: The Mission Statement Sale
- Where: 3458 – A 18th St., 415-255-7457
- When: Friday, Jan. 30 from 6 to 10 p.m.
Punching up your wardrobe with Aussie flare gets heaps easier this weekend, thanks to a serious sale at Pacific Heights boutique Elizabeth Charles. The store, which stocks women’s apparel and accessories by such noteworthy Australian designers as Martin Grant and Anna Thomas, has marked fall merchandise down by up to 90 percent. A recent peek at the online sale caught our attention with 18th Amendment denim priced at $55 (originally $219) and a Megan Park dress going for $86 (originally $860). The sale runs through Sunday at the store and online, though perusing the $10 rack will require a face-to-face visit.
- What: Elizabeth Charles Sale
- Where: 2056 Fillmore St., 415-440-2100
- When: Through Sunday, Feb. 1
If a wedding is the works for ’09, head to The Firm on Saturday for the shop’s Cupcakes & Champagne event. Along with The Firm’s assortment of fresh women’s apparel and accessories, you’ll find bridesmaids dresses from And Something Blue and Coren Moore. Also, meet and greet with people who can help make the big day happen, including event planner Alison Events, bouquet designer Sharla Flock, the photographers of Blonde Tulip and jewelry designer Jennifer Tuton. To attend, RSVP online.
- What: The Firm Cupcakes & Champagne Event
- Where: 2999 Washington St., 415-409-0214
- When: Saturday, Jan. 31 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Another chance to support independent designers presents itself on Sunday at Indie Industries. Each week, the North Beach shop’s ongoing Trunk Show Sundays event series showcases the work of a featured local designer. Free drinks, special discounts and gift card drawings sweeten the deal. This Sunday, stop by to meet Kimo, the designer behind the romantic local label Effie’s Heart. During the event, save 50 percent on items from the Effie’s Heart winter 2008 collection.
- What: Trunk Show Sundays at Indie Industries
- Where: 218 Columbus Ave., 415-986-7043
- When: Sunday, Feb. 1 from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Where to Shop this Weekend: 440 Brannan, The Mission and Temple
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Guy Bedarida at Saks, Appel and Frank and Clary Sage Organics
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Salvatore Ferragamo, Robindira Unsworth, Josephine & Debudda
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Martin + Osa, ShoeBiz and Noise Pop 'N Shop
- Where to Shop This Weekend: Home Swede Home, Given, Academy of Friends Silent Auction