Win VIP tickets to New York Fashion Week
If you’ve always wanted to go to New York Fashion Week, but never had the opportunity, your chance comes in the form of a contest from the Academy of Art University.
Running now through Aug. 26, the Share Your Eye for Style Contest will reward one fashion-obsessed entrant with two VIP tickets to the Academy of Art fashion show at Lincoln Center in New York on Sept. 10, 2010.
All entering requires is a little social media savvy. First, you’ll need to like the Academy of Art on Facebook or follow @Academy_of_Art on Twitter. Next, post or tweet pictures, videos or anything else you can think of that shows off “your eye for style.” Academy of Art University Director of Fashion Simon Ungless will select the most creative entry and announce the winner on Aug. 31.
One caveat: you’ll have to get to and from New York and cover the cost of lodging, meals and anything else associated with the trip (like a fall shopping spree) on your own. That said, we’ve already heard plenty of local style bloggers and fashion fans planning their trips east for the September shows, and we suspect many will jump at the chance to win tickets to see the only student show of the week in person. Want to get a look at the competition? You’ll find links to current entries and complete contest rules here.
- Seen & Heard: San Franciscans Dish on New York Fashion Week
- Seven Academy of Art Students Headed to New York Fashion Week
- Academy of Art Fall 2012 Graduate Runway Show at New York Fashion Week This Friday
- Link Love: Comme des Garçons' 1st Foray into Boring? Chris March Sues Thierry Mugler and More...
- Academy of Art Grads Shine at New York Fashion Week