Workshop: SF's New D.I.Y. Paradise
If you're anything like us, you've had a million brilliant D.I.Y. projects that, well, never come to fruition. Luckily, Kelly Malone is here to nudge us into making that t-shirt line or apartment garden a reality. The founder and head purveyor of Indie Mart is opening an airy brick-and-mortar shop in NoPa, aptly named Workshop, that offers affordable D.I.Y. classes on anything from Rock 'n' Roll Sewing for Dudes to kombucha making.
Whether you're looking for a class or just a cool space to hang out, drink PBR and use their vast array of crafty machines, this is the place to do it. Perhaps you've always dreamed of doing aerobics to death metal (and who hasn't really?), this is where you can realize all your creative fantasies despite how truly bizarre they may be. In addition to all things D.I.Y., Malone also plans on hosting movie nights (with popcorn and beer of course), pop-up shops for new designers and whatever else strikes her fancy.
So without further ado, Workshop kicks off this Saturday from 7-11 p.m. with an opening party featuring DJ's, live silk screening and D.I.Y. fun for all. All the cool kids will be there, and so should you.
Workshop, 1798 McAllister Street @ Baker, http://www.workshopsf.org
- New Classes at Workshop SF: Sewing Handbags, Altering Jeans, Beauty School Rebel, Screen Printing, DIY Feather Jewelry + More
- This Week in Fashion: The Tropics Grand Opening, Indie Mart Returns, Jonathan Rising Collection Preview, 'What I Wore' Book Debut + More
- Kelly Malone's Workshop: A DIY Haven
- Link Love: Anna's Clip Online, Summer D.I.Y. Fashion Ideas and a Fanny-Pack for your Head
- Link Love: DIY Galore and Bicycle Reflector Couture