Bike & Art Auctions, Drinks & More at Winterfest Bike Party This Sunday
This Sunday, join 1,500 fellow bike-loving locals for the biggest bicycle bash of the season—Winterfest. Now in its 16th year, this annual party and fundraiser for the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an event not to be missed. With wine and beer flowing, food by local vendors, an epic bike and art auction, and views of the city from the roof of the Metreon, it’s sure to be one of the best parties of the year.
All the big names of local biking will be there (Gary Fisher usually shows up in a custom colorful suit. I like the red and gold one best), and most of the great local bike companies will be represented in the auction as well as in person. But really the event is about mingling with your fellow local riders, getting to know the girl in heels you pedal the green bike lanes with in the morning, toasting to the SF Bicycle Coalition’s 40 years of work, and celebrating the amazing and diverse community of people who bike in San Francisco.
Since you’ll likely be distracted by the view, wowed by the shiny new bikes, and busy getting to know your fellow riders, I’ve pulled out a few of the auction items you should keep your eye on:
1. Rex Ray Bags by Rickshaw —Celebrated local graphic designer Rex Ray collaborated with super cool local company Rickshaw Bagworks (the amazing and generous Principal Sponsor of Winterfest) for these awesome, one-of-a-kind signed messenger bags. I’ve got my eye on these babies for sure.
2. Tahoe Getaway for you and 10-12 friends —One of the live auction items is a Tahoe cabin next to Heavenly. Two nights, plus cases of New Belgium beer…bikes, beer, and a deck in the mountains!
3. Mission Bicycle’s Killer New Bike—Another live-auction item up for grabs is the hot off the assembly line Sutro bike. Custom paint job, 8-speed internal hub, gorgeous accents.
4. For the foodies…A progressive dinner at Locanda, Foreign Cinema & Bar Tartine with tablehopper.com's Marcia Gagliardi, the bike-riding founder of one of San Francisco’s hottest restaurant newsletters.
Sunday, December 4 from 6:30-10:30 pm, City View at the Metreon, Tickets $25 and up.
- Bike & Art Auctions, Drinks & More at Winterfest This Sunday
- Local Artist Spearheading SF Bike Coalition's Silent Art Auction
- One of the Biggest Bike Parties of the Year (Winterfest) is This Sunday
- Chain Gang: Teach Your Kids to Ride Without Training Wheels This Sunday
- Getting Ready for Bike To Work Day