Rappel Down the Grand Hyatt This Week (Seriously)
Thought last year's urban zip-line in Justin Herman Plaza was cool? Try rappelling 36 floors off of the Grand Hyatt rooftop, right down into Union Square. Seriously. This Friday and Saturday (July 22-23) you'll have the opportunity to do just that at Over the Edge, an adrenaline pumping fundraising adventure, benefiting the Special Olympics of Northern California. Last year, Over the Edge raised $100,000 and, this year, they're looking to seriously up that number.
What's the catch? To participate, individuals must raise at least $1,000 for the SONC, and hurry because only the first 100 people get to rappel. Raise more, get more -- $2,500 earns a one night stay at the Grand Hyatt SF during the event, and $5,000 earns a free trip to the Las Vegas Over the Edge event this October.
There's no age limit to participate, but rappellers must weigh between 110-300 pounds. For full details, visit the Over the Edge website.
Over the Edge at the Grand Hyatt (345 Stockton St.), Friday July 22 from 1pm-4pm, Saturday July 23 from 9am-4pm.
- Rappel Down the Grand Hyatt This Week
- Marmot to Open New Flagship Store in Union Square
- Don't Have Tickets to the US Open? Catch the Action in Union Square
- Grand Prix Coffee Pop Up Now Serving Blue Bottle Coffee in Union Square
- This 18-Year-Old SF Native is Repping America at the London Olympic Games