Scenes of the City: Skating around San Francisco
Click through to see the entire gallery of skaters!
You've seen them - the skaters blazing down the steepest of San Francisco streets - and wondered, how the hell do they do that? We caught up with some local skateboarders in this week's Scenes of the City.
Official skate parks may be few and far between in our metropolis, but some good news on that front - the San Francisco Parks and Rec Department just received a $10,000 grant award from the Tony Hawk Foundation to help build another skatepark in SF. This grant will kick start the development of SOMA West Skatepark, and a series of efforts to build and improve other skateparks in the City. Sweet!
- Scenes of the City: San Bruno Mountain State Park
- Scenes of the City: St Patty's Day Soccer Doubleheader @ AT&T Park
- Scenes of the City: Rock Climbing and Bouldering At Ocean Beach, Glen Canyon Park and Corona Heights
- Scenes of the City: Cal Bears at AT&T Park
- Scenes of the City: The San Francisco Marathon