Healthy Super Bowl Hack: Add Kale to Your Guacamole
Let's be real, your typical Super Bowl Sunday spread is most likely fried, greasy, cheesy, and meat-tastic. And while we're not against these decadent snacks, we'd also like to add some greens to the spread.
That's where True Food Kitchen's kale guacamole come in. While guacamole isn't inherently unhealthy, this version is an easy way to add some leafy greens to your meal. Enjoy!
½ cup blanched and chopped kale
1/3 cup poblano peppers, roasted and peeled seeds removed
1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
1/8 cup green onions, chopped
1/3 cup grapefruit segments
1/3 cup orange segments
½ teaspoons sea salt
4 ripe avocados, lightly smashed
1. Remove stem from kale and blanch leaves in boiling, lightly salted water till tender, approximately 45 seconds.
2. Shock in ice water until chilled, squeeze dry, finely mince, and set aside.
3. Roast poblano peppers until charred on all sides, peel skin, remove seeds, finely mince, and set aside in a large bowl.
4. Lightly smash avocado.
5. Mix in blanched kale, poblano, cilantro, onions, citrus and salt until well incorporated.
6. Serve with chips and enjoy!
- 11 Healthy Super Bowl Snacks - Health.com ›
- Healthy Super Bowl Snacks and Dips | POPSUGAR Fitness ›
- Healthy Super Bowl Recipes : Food Network ›
- 49 Healthy Super Bowl Recipes and Snacks | Bon Appetit ›
- 20 Healthy Super Bowl Recipes | Real Simple ›
- Healthy Game Day Snacks | Food & Wine ›
- Healthy Superbowl Recipes ›