Escape the Rain this Weekend at the Pacific Orchid Expo
We didn't make it to Carnaval this year... or any year, for that matter. Instead we'll get pumped about celebrating not with booze, not with crazy parades filled with debauchery, but with... the Pacific Orchid Expo? Okay, it's not exactly the same as partying it up in Rio, but for orchidophiles, it's about as exciting as it gets.
As the largest orchid show in the country, this is where to go to find some of the most beautiful and unique flowers in the world, both to view and to buy. And this year's theme for the show takes a cue from our Brazilian friends, for a Mardi Gras Carnaval extravaganza! We're really not sure how the two tie together, but if it gives us an excuse to celebrate, we'll take it.
The Gala Benefit night is on Friday, and in true carnaval style it'll feature live music, drinks, and celebrity appearances (with no further info on what constitutes a "celebrity" in the orchid world, we'll take that with a grain of salt). Regardless, it'll be nice to escape the rain this weekend and instead step into a floral wonderland at Fort Mason Center. More information here.
- Rain, Rain Go Away: How to Keep the Weather Outside of the House
- Antiques Addicts, Get Your Fix at @ This Weekend's 20th Century Modernism Show & Sale
- SF Fall Antiques Show This Weekend!
- You Do Locally Grown Food, Why Not Locally Grown Flowers?
- Unlimited Funds + Limited Taste = Nerd Mansions of San Francisco