Monument's on the Move in the Mission
It's been a few weeks since we last made our way over to the Mish, so if this news hits you a little late, our apologies. However if you're like us and haven't been to the neighborhood in a bit, you might be surprised to find that Mid-Century Modern furniture boutique Monument is no longer occupying the storefront at 572 Valencia Street. Not to fear, they've just moved a stone's throw away to a new, much larger space literally right across the street at 573 Valencia (former location of Architectural Elements). Now you can see more of their covetable selection of antiques from Nelson, Nakashima, Wegner, and many other MCM heavy-hitters all in one place. As for their old locations, the Potrero Hill showroom at 300 Kansas St. will be open through the end of the month, and the old Valencia space might actually reopen with more Monument wares at a later date. Stay tuned...
- Open House Alert: Waking Up a Classic Kensington Mid-Century Modern
- Real Estate Report: Masterful Mid-Century Modernism in Russian Hill, $5.995M
- Open House Report! A Kensington Mid-Century Modern Gets a New Look
- Open House Obsession: A Mid-Century Modern in Tiburon With Big Views
- Open House Alert! See a Mid-Century Gem by R. G. Watanabe This Sunday