The Real Estate Report: Gaming the Market in Oakland
Sometimes, realtors and their clients like to be coy. Here's a house in Oakland that's not on the MLS, has no address, and the price is available only "on request."
The Basics: A 4-bedroom, 3.5-bath house in the Oakland Hills, built in 2008.
Not So Basic: Designed by architect Charles Debbas for himself and his family, it's got "spectacular" written all over it. According to the listing even the garage has views. The house is a tightly organized collection of highly finished forms, like the swooping ceiling on the main level made of beech, and most of the rooms have bay and San Francisco views along with the same high finishes. Read more...
- Real Estate Report: Family-Sized Condo For Grown-up Hipsters in Bernal Heights, $895K
- Real Estate Report: Masterful Mid-Century Modernism in Russian Hill, $5.995M
- Real Estate Report: Living On the Edge (Maybe) on Telegraph Hill, $11M
- Real Estate Report: Minimalist SOMA Condo for $609K
- Real Estate Report: Romantic and Old-School on Russian Hill, $1.795M