Real Estate Report: Living On the Edge (Maybe) on Telegraph Hill, $11M
Telegraph Hill is covered with quirky shingle houses and beautiful gardens. Because it was inaccessible, it's where the poor, the artistic, the writers, lived. Not any more.
The Basics: A four-bedroom, 4.5-bath house on Telegraph Hill, asking $11M. Not So Basic: Aside from asking $11M? It's on the edge of Telegraph Hill, with views due east and south across downtown San Francisco, with access via a private, gated driveway plus terraces and balconies on three sides. From the inside, it's been renovated for a mix of old-school formal entertaining and casual daily living. Downstairs there's a big open space with a kitchen and sitting area plus a media room, while upstairs there's a second smaller service kitchen, a formal dining room and foyer designed by Mark Hampton and a big oxblood-red lacquered library. Oh, and it's been on the market for three months and reduced from $12.9M. Read more...
- Real Estate Report: Masterful Mid-Century Modernism in Russian Hill, $5.995M
- Real Estate Report: Romantic and Old-School on Russian Hill, $1.795M
- Real Estate Report: Room for Chickens in Potrero Hill, $3.3M
- The Real Estate Report: Big Open Views on Russian Hill, $1.545M
- Real Estate Report: Untouched for Decades, Nob Hill Penthouse Sells for $7M