Gingerbread House Decorating in the Bay Area
This is our weekly guest-blog post from the moms behind Red Tricycle, a site that focuses on the "lighter side" of parenting. Every week, they'll be bringing us their picks of stuff to do around the Bay Area with kids.
Nothing brings such a deluge of wonderful holiday memories as the spicy, sweet smell of gingerbread cooking in the oven and wafting throughout the house. Your kids will have their noses jammed against the glass seeing their own Gingerbread Man (or other creation) come to life. Once that gingerbread is out of the oven and cooled, it's time to begin your very own gingerbread house. Your kids will love decorating the walls, ceilings, and lawn with all sorts of delicious candies and frosting. But where to get all the supplies (and help!) you'll need for this construction project after all we're parents not architects, right? We've compiled a list of local events, places, and stores that will help your family make or gather supplies for your very own gingerbread house/mansion/apartment/what have you. So run, run as fast as you can, go and make your Gingerbread Man!
More Kids Postings
- The Bay Area’s Ultimate Coastal Day Trip for Kids: Point Reyes
- UC Berkeley's Botanical Garden: The Bay Area’s Coolest Living Museum for Kids
- The Bay Area’s Best Drama Classes for Kids
- This House Cray: The Fairmont's Gingerbread House
- The Northern California Pirate Festival and 7 Other Bay Area Summer Festivals for Kids