Thanksgiving Weekend Events for Bay Area Kids
This is our weekly guest-blog post from the moms behind Red Tricycle, a site that focuses on the "lighter side" of parenting. Every week, they'll be bringing us their picks of stuff to do around the Bay Area with kids.
Now that you've decided between turkey or tofurkey, candied yams or sweet potatoes, and pecan versus pumpkin pie, all you have left to figure out is what to do with the kids on their 4 days weekend. After food has been gobbled, the kiddos will be squirly and we've got the perfect list of activities to keep you sane and the little ones happy.
1. Rise early and kick off the day with a fun run with your kids at the Marin County Turkey Trot! The Youth Gobbler 1 Mile and Turkey Trot 5K are cross country style runs on the trails of Marin’s Open Space. The new and improved Pilgrim 10K is an out-and-back loop through the beautiful IVC campus and along Ignacio Boulevard.
More Kids Postings
- Bay Area Kid-Friendly Restaurants for Thanksgiving
- UC Berkeley's Botanical Garden: The Bay Area’s Coolest Living Museum for Kids
- The Bay Area’s Ultimate Coastal Day Trip for Kids: Point Reyes
- The Bay Area’s Best Drama Classes for Kids
- The Northern California Pirate Festival and 7 Other Bay Area Summer Festivals for Kids