Seeing as this past Monday was the Oscars of the fashion industry, we decided to salute the CFDA (that's the Council of Fashion Designers of America for those who always or never wondered) Awards by featuring three of this year's winners: Calvin Klein, SF native Alexander Wang and Proenza Schouler. And what better way to do so than by showing the designers' take on the ultimate wardrobe essential, the Little Black Dress, at three different price points? While we're always on the search for the elusive perfect black dress to add to our collection, we might not have a few grand to throw down on a dress at the moment (or ever), but hey, a girl can dream can't she?
1. Calvin Klein Sleeveless Sheath Dress, $129: This fail-safe number is the epitome of chic and will transition from day-to-night in a flash.
2. Alexander Wang One-Shoulder Stretch Dress, $595: A modern take on the classic goddess gown, this ultra-flattering frock hugs your body in all the right places.
3. Proenza Schouler Quilted Bustier Dress, $1,925: With detailing to die for, this dress will instantly transform you into a futuristic femme fatale.
Add some edge to your LBD with bold accessories:
4. Anthropologie Scarlet Cascade Earrings, $88:
These vibrantly-hued earrings will spice up any wardobe staple.
5. Kenneth Cole Bag Harbor Wristlet, $79.97 on sale:
Store your iPhone (though not much else) in style with this sophisticated yet playful painted leather bag.
6. Aldo Ameling Peep-Toe Pump, $110:
You're sure to make a statement in these edgy cutout kicks.