With thirteen days of Film Noir Classics ahead of us at the Roxie, all fashion fantasies are turning black-and-white. And with all the bold shoulders, nipped waists and luxurious fabrics seen on the fall runways, it seems we're not the only ones. The femmes of film noir exuded a ladylike sex appeal that has us longing for a full-on Forties revival, but while we wait with baited breath, this is what we'll be wearing:
1. Black Halo Jackie O Mini, $345: Seduce any man in sight with this sophisticatedly sexy frock.
2. Jay B. Millinery Vivian Fascinator, $98: Take your ensemble to the next level with this dramatic feather-and-snakeskin topper.
3. Felix Rey Santos Snake Clutch in natural, $320: Go minimal (ie. a credit card, iPhone and lipstick) with this impossibly chic clutch.
4. Hue Back Seam Sheer Pantyhose, $8: Slip into these for a dose of old Hollywood glamour.
5. Pelle Moda Sachi Platform Pumps, $170: Put some oomph in your step with these towering peep-toes.